As you may have already known, we are in the midst of global economic hardship. The worth of our money today is lesser than in the past. People are losing their jobs. Despite this financial meltdown, I still am able to go on holidays. Am I rich? No, I’m not; in fact, I only work as a junior salesman who is receiving just enough money to pay for my household needs. But how am I be able to book cheap flights and everywhere else, reserve rooms in exotic places, and take advantage of tours and adventures overseas?
Do you want to know my secret? It is a matter of knowing how to manage your finances. Not knowing how to finances a vacation is what most people are concerned of. Such an endeavor only needs a little perseverance and sacrifice so enough money can be generated. And with all those affordable travel packages, seasonal promos, and budget services, there’s no excuse for not being able to travel to favorite destinations.
1. It’s childish but I do keep a piggy bank! Don’t laugh because this really helped me. Minor expenses are taken out from money saved from my coin bank. Meaning, I can spare my travel fund from further withdrawals, and allot it for bigger and more important travel expenses. I took a transparent empty soda bottle and cut a slot on its side. Once you see the coins piling up inside, the joy you’d feel is unexplained.
2. Tighten your belt. Cut back on unnecessary spending. You will never be able to save up enough if you continue living a lavish lifestyle. So when I was bit by the travel bug, I decided to quit all my vices. In a month, I was able to save enough to pay for a comprehensive travel package.
3. I sell things that I do not use anymore. You can spring clean your house. You will not only be able to de-clutter your house, but you will also find a lot of items that you can actually sell. You will be surprised to find that what you deem trash is treasure for other people. I sold old things to a few antique collectors whom I know of. Thus, this will help augment your travel fund.
4. I used my talent to generate money. I have a way with kids, so I offer myself to babysit the preschoolers in my neighborhood. Sometimes, I “dog sit” for my neighbors by caring for their beloved pet dogs while they are at work or away for a vacation. And at times, I “house sit” for them while they’re away. The income I pooled, of course, goes to my travel fund.
5. I always thoroughly research the place that I’ll be traveling to so that I’ll have a clear idea on my expenditures on food, accommodations, transportation, activities, and other things. To do this, I refer to travel guidebooks, travel review sites, travel blogs that feature itineraries, and several other references.
Well, those are my recommendations. Now it’s time to implement them so you can travel around the world like me! Check out www.cheaprateflights.com for more information about cheap flights UK for even more tips in saving money for your expeditions.